xsl-list

[xsl] From XML to Windows clipboard as styled data to be pasted into a MS-Word document

2019-01-24 00:58:13
I am wondering if anyone has any experience in transforming an XML document
into a format that could be pasted from the Windows clipboard into a Word
document. The Word document will have a particular doc template with named
styles and the transformed data will need to utilize those styles (set in a
preferences interface in a custom application). I want to use XSL on the
XML source and I suspect that I need to generate Rich Text Format, but
maybe there is a less verbose format than RTF, perhaps some XML doc format
for pasting styled/formatted text into Word??

The scenario would be something like this:

Linguistic application has interlinear text with sentences. User selects
and copies one interlinear text sentence. On copy, the application uses an
internal XML version of the selected text which would be transformed into
RTF or equivalent. User pastes beautifully formatted example into their
Word document with correct auto numbering styles, etc.

Thanks for any advice.

Larry