xsl-list

[xsl] Grouping by letters but keep symbols together

2019-01-25 08:44:50
Hi,

I am creating a glossary and I want to group entries under each letter of
the alphabet. I am using this and it is working fine:

<xsl:for-each-group select="glossentry"
group-by="upper-case(substring(glossterm/text(),1,1))">

    <topicref navtitle="{current-grouping-key()}" toc="no">

    </topicref>

</xsl:for-each-group>

However, I want to group entries that start with a symbol or number all
together under one group. I am not sure what to use for the group-by
attribute so that letters are separate from each other and all of the
non-letter characters are in the same group. Any suggestions would be
appreciated. Thank you very much.

Rick

Rick Quatro

Carmen Publishing Inc.