xsl-list

Re: [xsl] is XPath 3.1 xml-to-json() function useful

2019-03-11 01:04:25
I'm continuing on this topic.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 4:39 PM Michael Kay mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com <
xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:

we decided on a different approach: provide a function to convert a very
specific XML vocabulary to JSON, and then (because we already have powerful
XML-to-XML transformation capabilities), let the user say how their
particular XML should be transformed to that vocabulary.

Lets say, we've a following input XML document,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
   <val>1</val>
   <val>2</val>
   <val>3</val>
   <val>4</val>
</root>

I would want to transform above XML document to following JSON,

{
    "root": {
        "val": [
            1,
            2,
            3,
            4
        ]
    }
}

How can I do this with XSLT 3.0 and XPath 3.1's fn:xml-to-json() function ?

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi