xsl-list

Re: [xsl] is XPath 3.1 xml-to-json() function useful

2019-03-13 22:58:59
Hi Wendell,

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 1:58 AM Wendell Piez wapiez(_at_)wendellpiez(_dot_)com <
xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:

I think good tools (like oXygen in this case) do make it
possible to be much more ambitious with XSLT, if only because they
make it possible to visualize, represent and manage more complex
processes, such (in this case for example) as 2-stage or multi-stage
pipelines producing specialized serialization formats including JSON.

I agree. Very well articulated.

Aren't we saying
that good tools make difficult things easier, if you know how to use
them?

Definitely.

I do wonder who you have in mind when you talk about the
"average developer" as mostly, she or he would not be writing XSLT,
would they?

The phrase "average developer", I wrote was a bit casual. I probably meant
average XSLT developer.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi