xsl-list

Re: [xsl] is XPath 3.1 xml-to-json() function useful

2019-03-14 11:08:45
+1 for the exceptional XSLT average developer !

Le 13/03/2019 à 21:28, Wendell Piez wapiez(_at_)wendellpiez(_dot_)com a écrit :
Hi Mukul,

I agree provisionally, however I would also recast your claim a
little: I think good tools (like oXygen in this case) do make it
possible to be much more ambitious with XSLT, if only because they
make it possible to visualize, represent and manage more complex
processes, such (in this case for example) as 2-stage or multi-stage
pipelines producing specialized serialization formats including JSON.

But that sounds hard to disagree with doesn't it? Aren't we saying
that good tools make difficult things easier, if you know how to use
them? I do wonder who you have in mind when you talk about the
"average developer" as mostly, she or he would not be writing XSLT,
would they? The average XSLT developer is already exceptional. :-)

Cheers, Wendell

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 1:16 AM Mukul Gandhi
gandhi(_dot_)mukul(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 11:33 AM Mukul Gandhi