xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Does XQuery allow you to modify the XML? (remove elements, modify element values)

2019-10-17 11:01:24
XQuery pattern matching can handle this, and indeed has a dedicated following.
For myself, schooled in both XSLT and XQuery, I really think XSLT identity
transformation is much easier to deploy—fewer lines of code. I look forward to
debate on this... I haven’t been happy with how much more work I’ve had to do
to get pattern matching working. (And probably I haven’t been doing it
right—but I just returned to XSLT as a better tool for such tasks.)

Cheers,
Elisa

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2019, at 11:55 AM, Costello, Roger L.
costello(_at_)mitre(_dot_)org

Hi Folks,

It's been a long time since I've looked at XQuery.

I need to identify certain elements in XHTML documents and then either remove
the elements or modify their values. Can XQuery do this? Are there free
XQuery tools?

XHTML --> XQuery --> XHTML' (a modified version of the input XHTML document)

/Roger