xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Is there an XSLT/XPath processor good enough to use in life-critical applications?

2019-11-16 01:22:38

The right question, though, is, surely, does the software do what we
need, sufficiently reliably for our purpose.

And clearly the answer is yes for a great many applications of XML
technologies.

Liam

Having said that, I suspect the weak point of most XSLT-based applications is
that they haven't been tested on a wide enough variety of data inputs.

(Compare my anecdote of the operating system that crashed when presented with
an upside-down deck of punched cards.)

Producing a sufficient variety of data inputs as test cases is a significant
challenge, and most people don't bother.

Michael Kay
Saxonica