xsl-list

Re: [xsl] return of the XSL FAQ

2020-05-18 13:40:46
On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 05:08:28PM -0000, Liam R. E. Quin
liam(_at_)fromoldbooks(_dot_)org scripsit:
I'll wait a few more days to give others a chance to comment
(especially Dave himself!). But i'm leaning towards keeping the
existing 1.0/2.0 FAQ unchanged (except e.g. if there are broken links
etc) and starting a new one that incorporates XSLT 3 and current work
and implementations.

I'd prefer that outcome.

There's that line about the past is another country, and they do things
differently there; I think that's a distinction well worth maintaining
about XSLT 1 as distinct from current practise.

XSLT 2 and especially 3 are substantially more capable languages; I
would want to be making that clear from the outset, in "Only use 1 if
you're actively compelled" terms.

--
Graydon Saunders  | graydonish(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com
Þæs oferéode, ðisses swá mæg.