xsl-list

Re: [xsl] An observation on the performance of fn:transform

2020-07-03 05:12:43
A workaround would be to add another layer to the stylesheet, debug.xsl /
non-debug.xsl that sets the static parameter (by overriding it with a variable)
and then you could cache both versions.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

On 3. Jul 2020, at 11:01, Norman Tovey-Walsh ndw(_at_)nwalsh(_dot_)com

Michael Kay mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com
<xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> writes:
We currently honour cache="yes" in all cases provided that no static
parameters are supplied. If there are static parameters, we don't
attempt to check that they are consistent with previous uses, we just
bypass the cache.

Ah. That explains why it had no effect. I’m passing two static
parameters. One I could eliminate, but the other is a debug flag and I
think it would be unfortunate to lose that one.

                                       Be seeing you,
                                         norm

--
Norman Tovey-Walsh <ndw(_at_)nwalsh(_dot_)com>
https://nwalsh.com/

Klein bottle for rent; enquire within.