xsl-list

Re: [xsl] How to store a sequence into an element ... and maintainthe sequence inside the element?

2020-07-19 16:16:26
On 19.07.2020 22:52, Dr. Roger L Costello costello(_at_)mitre(_dot_)org wrote:
Thank you Martin. Is there no other way to preserve a sequence than to resort
to connecting the XSLT to an XML Schema?

In my actual application I am creating many sequences. I need an efficient way
of storing the sequences. For example, initially $list might be (1, 2, 3) and
then processing results in updating $list to (4, 1, 5) and then to (9, 9, 0)
and then to (4, 1, 4) and then to ...

What is your recommendation for managing sequences?

I don't understand why your XSLT code can't work with integer sequences
or any sequences if that is what you want. Why do you need to stuff them
into an XML document or element?