xsl-list

Re: [xsl] We need to kick someone out of the group

2021-06-11 13:06:17
Hey Charles,

If the data is as I guessed, instead of grouping you could use keys to
assemble the data into the structure you want.

Inside the contrib-group in the result, pull the wanted affiliations into
the contrib-group using an appropriate key to grab and copy them.

And when they are matched outside the contrib-group, drop them.

The hard part is writing the key but here it's just name="aff-by-id"
match="aff" use="@id" isn't it?

And yes, clarity is a value and quite difficult to achieve, in beer and
other things.

Cheers, Wendell

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 9:32 AM Charles O'Connor
coconnor(_at_)ariessys(_dot_)com <
xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:

Alas, I cannot use Martin’s solution, as I am limited to XSLT 2.0.

Wendell, Sorry. When I simplified the input for the question, I forgot the
"aff" in the @id <aff>. It should indeed match the @rid in the <xref>. I
will have to bone up on keys.

As for beer, clean beers like Pilsners are rather hard to brew well
because clarity is a value and the flavors are so delicate that any flaw in
technique is glaringly apparent. Out of 4 or 5 tries, I've nailed it only
once.