xsl-list

Re: [xsl] We need to kick someone out of the group

2021-06-11 16:04:12
Thanks Wendell!

I'll give that a try, and I'll be brewing a triple-decoction mash pilsner this
winter when I can fill my lagering cave (OK, it's a bulkhead) with snow.

Best, Charles

From: Wendell Piez wapiez(_at_)wendellpiez(_dot_)com
<xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2021 2:06 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] We need to kick someone out of the group

*** External email: use caution ***

Hey Charles,

If the data is as I guessed, instead of grouping you could use keys to assemble
the data into the structure you want.

Inside the contrib-group in the result, pull the wanted affiliations into the
contrib-group using an appropriate key to grab and copy them.

And when they are matched outside the contrib-group, drop them.

The hard part is writing the key but here it's just name="aff-by-id"
match="aff" use="@id" isn't it?

And yes, clarity is a value and quite difficult to achieve, in beer and other
things.

Cheers, Wendell