xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Sorting XML data by <entry ID="">

2022-01-05 07:32:53
Hey Chuck,

Assuming it was the default scenario in oXygen (or whichever one it was)
open it up and inspect it - you can probably see (under the third tab)
where an *.html file prefix is defined.

This default scenario for XML IIRC picks up an xml-stylesheet PI from the
document and executes it - the assumption being that this is a reasonable
place to look for an XSLT when none is given -- maybe that is what is
happening? (but this is an oXygen question so possibly OT.)

In any case the answer isn't hard to find --!

Cheers from snowy Maryland,
Wendell

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 3:07 AM Charles Muller
acmuller(_at_)l(_dot_)u-tokyo(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp <
xsl-list-service(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:

Graydon wrote:

The result document file name is not specified by the XSLT, so it's
presumably being controlled by whatever you're using to run the
stylesheet.

OK, I see that if I run XSLTproc from the Linux command line I can
control the file extension of the output files.

Thanks for the tip!

Chuck

--

---------------------------
A. Charles Muller, Professor

Buddhist Culture Research Center
Musashino University
1-1-20 Shinmachi, Nishitokyo-shi
Tokyo 202-8585, Japan
Office Phone: 042-468-3145

(University of Tokyo, Professor Emeritus)
http://www.acmuller.net

Twitter: @ACharlesMuller

--
...Wendell Piez... ...wendell -at- nist -dot- gov...
...wendellpiez.com... ...pellucidliterature.org... ...pausepress.org...