Re: MUA Mail Options for a Mailing List [was Re: non-member messages to lists]

2004-10-21 08:29:50

On Tue October 19 2004 13:47, Hector Santos wrote:
 You treat input as it is all nonsense opinions.

No -- not "all".  But there is certainly *some* nonsense.

I clearly stated my view of the problem and I stated a solution.

Your "solution" (list expander overriding author-set Reply-To)
is no solution; is the source of a great many problems which
have been explained to you by several people.

 quite frankly, my credentials as a
software developer and product producer in this market is very much evident
over yourself.

You -- or somebody at your site -- seem to have inordinate
difficulty in handling receipt of mail:

  winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
TO:<winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com>:
    host mail.winserver.com [208.247.131.9]: 550 Return Path not verifiable.

Now, if you can
tell me I am wrong, well, you better be ready to show me how with sound
reasons.

Sound reasoning has been given to patiently explain to you not
only that you are wrong, but why that is the case.

I am not stubborn to understand

So you say, yet you persist in making the same erroneous
statements over and over and scream "SHUT UP" whenever
anybody points out your errors.

The RFC based OFFLINE MUA does not understand mailing list concepts for two
reasons:

- They are NOT trained to understand the concept,

If *your* MUA can't handle mailing list messages, then by
all means feel free to "train" it.

- The BACKEND does not have a standard to help them better work in this
area.

You still haven't defined "backend"; SCREAMING won't help.