Re: objection to proposed change to "consensus"

2006-01-09 07:36:14
"Sandy" == Sandy Wills <sandy(_at_)WEIJax(_dot_)com> writes:

    Sandy> Brian Rosen wrote (about the format issue):
    >> It's probably true that we can push this problem off another
    >> year, but maybe not, and definitely not for very much longer.

    Sandy> I think that everyone here is aware of that, which is why
    Sandy> we keep coming back to it, and will continue to until the
    Sandy> agents of change win.  I've only been following the IETF
    Sandy> for a couple of years now, but this discussion seems to
    Sandy> come closer to adopting a change every time I see it.

And that's what we call building consensus.  It how we conduct our
business and while for things like this it is conservative, it does move.

I do think that if the proponents pull together an experiment, we may
find that within two years, we have a proposal that can get consensus.