Re: Normative figures

2006-01-09 23:59:01
Stewart Bryant wrote:

We write specifications so that they are easier to read, validate and understand, not so that they are easier to write.

Eric

We write specs so that they will be correctly implemented.
Anything that makes a specification easier to correctly understand
surely makes it more likely that it will be correctly implemented?

I'm a little confused. What is it about Eric's formulation of the statement
that you take exception to in your followup question? They sound the same
to me. (Or is it that you believe "easier to write" necessarily leads to
"will be more likely to be correctly implemented", and therefore "easier
to write" should not be excluded as a desirable goal of our specification
writing process?)

cheers,
gja