Re: how to declare consensus when someone ignores consensus

From: jnc(_at_)mercury(_dot_)lcs(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu (Noel Chiappa)
Ah, I suspect that Elwyn was gently pulling your leg about your inability to
spell "capital" (i.e. the death penalty) - "capitol" means "location of the
government"
Ahh haaa....damn word...it'll pay for that...;)
Now imagine if you looked up the word Capital in the dictionary and it read
like this:

Capital - Although not exhaustive, examples of the meaning of the word Capital
include:  Wealth in the form of money or property; Human resources considered
in terms of their contributions to an economy; a city that is the center of a
specific activity or industry;  etc.

Maybe some of our inaction comes from having policies that are a little too
open-ended.  I don't like being locked into rules but maybe there are cases
where we can't be so open ended  (RISC vs. CISC?).  Maybe if we made our
operational policies specific and all-inclusive we wouldn't have to reinterpret
them every time we went to use them.  Then again maybe we want reinterpretation.

Nick