Re: Last Call: Policy Statement on the Day Pass Experiment

2010-05-10 13:06:46
On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Ted Hardie
<ted(_dot_)ietf(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

We need all the volunteers we can get.

I think that's nonsense and typical of the fixation in recent years on
maximizing the quantity of nomcom volunteers with little apparent
concern for their level of interest. As far as I can tell, the nomcom
worked fine in its early years when there commonly less than 50
volunteers. We want people willing to put in the time and effort
required. I've never understood why some nomcom chairs worry so much
if their volunteer pool is a bit smaller than the previous year's or
make statements based on the assumption that there is a strong
correlation between the quality of a nomcom's work and the percentage
of those qualified who volunteer to be members.

Donald
(A former nomcom voter and nomcom chair recently self-funding my IETF
attendance)

Just my two cents,

Ted Hardie