Request for a code point assignment for ED25519 - draft-moonesamy-sshfp-ed25519-01

2014-04-08 20:05:12
Hello,

The Ed25519 signature algorithm has been implemented in OpenSSH. RFC 4255 defines a DNS resource record, "SSHFP", which can be used to publish a fingerprint of the SSH server publickey in the DNS. draft-moonesamy-sshfp-ed25519 (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moonesamy-sshfp-ed25519-01 ) is a request for a code point assignment for ED25519 in the SSHFP RR Types for public key algorithms registry. The draft has received comments in SAAG and (IRTF) CFRG:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg04584.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg04588.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg04827.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg04828.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg04829.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/cfrg/current/msg04411.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/cfrg/current/msg04412.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/cfrg/current/msg04414.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/cfrg/current/msg04422.html

I responded to the comments. There hasn't been any objections. It seems to me that the Security Area Director is a bit slow in processing this request for a code point assignment. I would appreciate if some information could be provided to explain the delay.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy