Re: Request for a code point assignment for ED25519 - draft-moonesamy-sshfp-ed25519-01

2014-04-30 03:45:59
Hi Jari, Stephen,
At 11:08 10-04-2014, Jari Arkko wrote:
> I suggested to Stephen to start the Last Call as it would take a month. That does not prevent the gathering of input from folks who do crypto.

FWIW, I would be fine with this.

I am following up on this as the CFRG meeting has held yesterday. There was a message (msg-id: m3tx9ehlf4(_dot_)fsf(_at_)carbon(_dot_)jhcloos(_dot_)org) to the ietf-ssh mailing list about getting an early assignment for using ED25519 in SSHFP.

Would it be possible to start the Last Call for draft-moonesamy-sshfp-ed25519-01 [1]?

I'll disclose that I made this request as there is already code in an open source software (OpenSSH). I have not derived any financial benefit in doing this work.

Thanks,
S. Moonesamy

1. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moonesamy-sshfp-ed25519-01