Re: Request for a code point assignment for ED25519 - draft-moonesamy-sshfp-ed25519-01

2014-04-10 05:06:20
Hi Stephen,
At 02:10 10-04-2014, Stephen Farrell wrote:
You ask in that message "why the delay?"

As I told you off list before you posted that, we are hoping that
CFRG will organise a virtual interim meeting for which the main
topic of discussion will be whether CFRG's advise the IETF that
some set of new curves (including that required by your draft)
are good enough for use in IETF standards. That question was
raised at the CFRG session in London but there were not enough
people in the room who felt they knew enough about the topic to
be sure. Aside from you the TLS wg are also waiting on that
answer. I hope the CFRG virtual interim will happen in the next
few weeks. That is the reason for delay.

If that CFRG meeting doesn't happen soon, (but I expect it
will) then I will organise some other way to get an answer on
this topic, but better if we can get folks who do crypto for
a living to give us an answer if we can.

Thanks for explaining the delay.  I am okay with waiting a few weeks.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy