Re: Plussed addresses & procmailrcs problem

2003-02-09 02:39:55
On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 04:44, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

While you go to sort out what user procmail is being invoked as, you can
create another dir:  /etc/genericprocmailrcs/

I still have problems beyond my typo on the procmailrcs dir, so I took
up your suggestion noted above. In my case I have used /etc/procmail/.

Move the onepop.rc file there, and change the alias to use that path, then
rebuild the alias hash.  The error about changing owner should be
gone.  You should still endeavour to figure out what the hell your MTA is
doing, but obviously, it isn't invoking procmail with root privs such that
it can do what it might otherwise be able to.  Eventually, this limitation
of your MTA could cause you grief.  In the meantime, put a "README" file in
the /etc/procmailrcs/ dir that states that your MTA is acting in this
fashion.  That way, if you go to do something in the future which relies
upon this change-to-owner functionality, you'll have a reminder sitting
there.  I can tell you (from other experiences) that there's nothing quite
like the feeling of idiocy when you've been hammering away at a problem,
and finally come to realize that you've had that problem before, but didn't
document it at the time.

I now get the following in my logs:

Feb  9 22:10:50 rrl03 postfix/local[2657]: 4DA68703CE:
to=<onepop(_at_)localhost(_dot_)monaro(_dot_)local>, relay=local, delay=0,
status=bounced
(can't create user output file. Command output: procmail: Missing action
procmail: Missing action procmail: Missing action procmail: Incomplete
recipe )

The failure seems self explanatory, but I can't work out where my
mistake is.

onepop.rc is as follows (I know I can simplify the last 2 as per Sean's

* ^TO_rnrhill\+roland@
* !roland

:0
* ^TO_rnrhill\+son@
* !logan

:0
* ^TO_rnrhill\+wife@
* !rachel

:0
* ^TO_rnrhill@
* !wife

My postfix aliases file has this line in it (and I rebuilt the *.db file
as well)

onepop:  "|/usr/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmail/onepop.rc"

Sorry to go on with this thread, but if anyone could point out what is
probably a simple error, I would appreciate it (life will be simpler
with the separate email accounts, but I'm determined to get this working
regardless).

Finally, a point of clarification, am I right in assuming that the ^TO_
expression won't pick up BCC'd messages, hence why this list passes by
the above recipes?

Regards,

Roland Hill