Re: rule stopped working

2003-05-02 12:17:56
At 09:30 2003-05-02 -0400, Raven did say:
I've been using procmail for over a year now, mainly for simple
"filtering" (i.e. move messages into various folders), but am by no means
an expert.  As of last week this "filtering" stopped for one of my rules,
but all the others work!

On _different_ messages, and probably with _different_ mailboxes.

I have not changed any file permissions or rules (or changing any rules in
a manner that should affect this problem anyhow).  My sysadmin checked my
quotas and we've done some initial checks for obvious errors, but haven't
found anything yet.

The definition of 'obvious' varies. Are all dirs in mountpoints with available disk space? What is the size of the file in comparison with the available space in /tmp (which shouldn't matter for an mbx delivery, but it's worth noting anwyay).

It looks like the mail delivery is being done by Postfix (sorry I do not
know what version) and the operating system is FreeBSD (4.7-PRERELEASE).

Neither do we, since you didn't even send this message from your own server.

What version of procmail?

procmail: [28351] Thu May  1 16:10:34 2003
procmail: Match on
"(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)|(X-Envelope|Apparently(-Resent)?)-To):(.*[^a-zA-Z])?)(_dot_)*raven(_at_)annexcatrescue(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca"
procmail: Locking "acr.lock"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=acr"
procmail: Opening "acr"
procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
procmail: Error while writing to "acr"

'man procmail' sez:

       Error while writing to "x"
                              Nonexistent  subdirectory, no write permis-
                              sion, pipe died or disk full.

I have 2-3 other rules in my .procmailrc that are almost exactly the same,
but they continue to work.

Because, lemme guess, they write to a different mailbox file.

How large is this file, and what sort of freespace do you have? Are the messages which are being delivered to it particularly large (FTR that number at the trailing end of the delivery summary in the procmail log is a byte count for the message)