Re: Mangled "From " header.

2003-05-02 15:25:55
On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 01:55:55PM -0700, Faux_Pseudo wrote:
--<-(Faux_Pseudo <Faux_Pseudo(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> leyos tos loyos emiv apo
O epistol)->--
This started a few days ago.
Procmail is messing up the "From popserver" line of random emails so
that they are appended to mbox as ">From popserver" which results in
all kinds of trouble.

This is makeing my life hell.  I haven't changed anything in my
procmail so this is happening out of the blue.

Has anyone seen this problem before?
Has anyone fixed this problem before?

You haven't changed procmail, but did you change your .forward?  (Are
you running a .forward?)

Procmail can form new From_ lines as required if you use the -f or
the -f- option in your .forward.  E.g.,

"|IFS=' ' exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f #yorusername"

Are you running the -f or -f- option?  You might try just -f and see if
that solves your problem.  See `man procmail' for more.

       -f fromwhom
            Causes procmail to regenerate  the  leading  `From  '
            line  with  fromwhom as the sender (instead of -f one
            could  use  the  alternate  and  obsolete  -r).    If
            fromwhom  consists merely of a single `-', then proc­
            mail will only update the timestamp on  the  `From  '
            line  (if  present,  if  not,  it will generate a new
            one).

--
dman