Re: how blacklisting will work in the future

2004-01-12 14:14:46
Dear Meng Weng Wong,

thank you very much for your kind and detailed response to my message.

Your description of "reputation gaining" by RHSBL is fine for spamming
domains, and it is fine for large ISPs. What about small sites?

Chances are that any given RHSBL will not have seen any other requests
regarding the given domain when the recipient host returns to the RHSBL
after a delay caused by his 4xx response to the sender-to-be on the
first try.

With small domains, reputation information will not build up easily on
any given RHSBL, will it?

The big ISPs will be happy to deny contacts of domains with low volumes,
since what they want to have is customers ;-). This is perfectly
legitimate, but I still don't like the idea.

Best wishes and regards,

Ernst