Re: Re: Council log censored

2005-07-10 18:53:23
In <42D1C81A(_dot_)6E62(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> Frank Ellermann
<nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> writes:

wayne wrote:

I really hope that there are more people active in the SPF
community than just the SPF council.

That's certainly true.  Trying to update the Council list I
found that the resolution about its term of office either did
not yet make it into the minutes, or it's in another "secret"
directory waiting for a bulk approval.

To the best of my knowledge, Julian is *way* behind on the meeting
minutes.  I believe that the term lengths thing is still waiting to be
documented.

I would be pissed at Julian, except I have also been keeping an eye on
his work on the new website.  And, yes, even though nothing is very
visible, Julian has been working on it.  Julian also put a heck of a
lot of work into the SPF I-D.  Meeting minutes are lower priority.

I also hope people realize that if we thought that public
discussions at this time were at all appropriate, we would
have done so.

Red herring.  Meng said clearly that he's not available after
the whatever-it-is (but certainly it's not "us") summit.

On the contrary, Meng said that it would be hard to schedule a
meeting, so he is going try and set the times.  I trust that he will.

Please don't assume that we are any more organized in private
than we are in public or that the SPF council carries out
much of anything in private.

I certainly have no clue why exactly Chuck resigned,

Anyone who wants to know why Chuck resigned will have to ask Chuck.
Any guesses on my part would likely lead to accusations of
misrepresentations, omissions or bias.  Or, my guess could simply be
wrong and could going uncorrected by Chuck.  All I can say is that the
reason isn't obvious to me, and apparently not to the other council
members.  If Chuck's reasons were important to us, I think he would
have said so.  There are lots of reasons for resigning that are purely
personal and none of any of our business.

Personally, I'm not sure that the reason behind Chuck's resignation is
that important.  He has been replaced and we are moving forward.  He
left us in a lurch and we are going to have to do a bunch of stuff at
an inopportune time to recover, but such is life.

-wayne