dkim-dev

Re: [dkim-dev] DomainKeys Signs Only Some Mail, Why?

2008-01-16 10:25:44

On Jan 15, 2008, at 8:30 PM, Shannon D. Denniston wrote:

What causes DomainKeys to sign some mail but not
all mail from a particular domain? We have a PHP
script that sends mail to subscribers of a mailing list
then sends a report after completion of the mailing to
the list owner. The mail sent to the subscribers is not
signed while the report sent to the administrator is
signed. What causes DomainKeys to sign one message
but not all messages sent from the sending domain?

I would check your script to see if it is sending directly, rather than to an MTA that is signing. Also, some MTAs will take different paths for local mail, and that could direct it out of the signer.

The answer for that is so specific to your actual email architecture that I can but speculate. I hope this helps.

        Jon

--
Jon Callas
CTO, CSO