Re: [dkim-ops] BCP for authorizing third-parties ([...] was subdomain vs. cousin domain)

2010-09-13 16:41:43
-----Original Message-----
From: McDowell, Brett [mailto:bmcdowell(_at_)paypal-inc(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 1:03 PM
To: Murray S. Kucherawy
Cc: dkim-ops(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: BCP for authorizing third-parties ([...] was subdomain vs.
cousin domain)

I actually thought there was a fair degree of deployments where some
ESP's DKIM-sign mail on behalf of their clients, by means of key
management much as you outlined above.  No?

I don't have specific data, but since ADSP is so controversial and no
third-party authorization mechanism has been endorsed so far, my guess would be
that there are only two possibilities: ESPs are signing using their own domains
to sign, or ESPs have customer key space delegated to them one way or another.
I don't have hard data about which is more prevalent, but we're definitely
seeing both in the stats reports I'm getting now.