Re: [dkim-ops] New Domain

2011-12-12 12:03:35
On 12/12/11 7:15 AM, Anthony Piccione wrote:

We have DKIM set up and working on our primary domain and would now
like to have another domain setup for use in sending emails.

For DKIM to also work on this second domain:

1) Does the second domain need to resolve to the same IP address as
the first?

No.  DKIM is independent of the IP addresses resolved for the MTA, PRA,
or MAIL-FROM.

2) Do we need a separate txt record created for the second domain?

If the second domain is a sub-domain of the primary, and there is no
desire to create author-domain signatures as defined by ADSP, then the
primary domain keys could be reused.  A better practice publishes
signatures at each Author-Domain.

-Doug