Re: [dkim-ops] New Domain

2011-12-12 13:59:34

On 12/12/2011 7:15 AM, Anthony Piccione wrote:
We have DKIM set up and working on our primary domain and would now like to
have
another domain setup for use in sending emails.

For DKIM to also work on this second domain:

1) Does the second domain need to resolve to the same IP address as the first?

DKIM, itself, uses its own domain name field (d=).  However the module above
DKIM that does assessment can impose any policies it wishes.  There are
certainly cases of lookng at the relationship between that domain name and the
domain name in From: field or the SMTP Mail From command.

In some cases, there is combined analysis with SPF, which does correlate IP
Addresses with the domain, along the lines you are asking about.

2) Do we need a separate txt record created for the second domain?

I don't really understand the question.

For a given DKIM domain -- complete with a specific selector -- only one TXT
record is used.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker