Re: [dkim-ops] New Domain

2011-12-13 11:52:41
On 12/12/11 10:50 PM, SM wrote:
At 07:15 12-12-2011, Anthony Piccione wrote:
We have DKIM set up and working on our primary domain and would now
like to have another domain setup for use in sending emails.
For DKIM to also work on this second domain:
1) Does the second domain need to resolve to the same IP address as the
first?
No, DKIM is not tied tied to an IP address.

2) Do we need a separate txt record created for the second domain?
Yes, if you are using more than one domain for DKIM signing the
messages you send.
Not entirely.

When DKIM is to obtaining greater acceptance or impose stricter
acceptance policies, an Author-Domain signature should be used where
practical.  Exceptions might be made for Parent Domain signatures, but
such exceptions would not be in compliance with ADSP.  When a parent
domain is deemed adequate to protect against intra-domain spoofing, then
just a parent domain signature can be used.  This means a single DKIM
public key record could be applied against several sub-domains.  When
there is no immediate relationship with that of the Author-Domain, a
single signature could be used for all email signed.  A mailing-list
could be such a case.   It would be possible for each individual domain
to then separately authorize this single signature within a single ATPS
transaction.

-Doug