Re: how to configure fetchmail to multidrop mail into individual mailbox?

2001-02-05 04:52:30

----- Original Message -----
From: Rob MacGregor <rob_macgregor(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
To: <clarencelim(_at_)email(_dot_)com>;
<fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 7:38 PM
Subject: Re: how to configure fetchmail to multidrop mail into individual
mailbox?

From: "Clarence" <clarencelim(_at_)email(_dot_)com>
Hi,
I am a new user to linux, qmail and fetchmail, pls teach me.

Don't post HTML for a start :-)

OK!

I am using qmail and fetchmail to retrieve all my family's member mail
from
the ISP and re-distribute in the server.

I am getting the mails(for all user) from my ISP using fetchmail. I am
executing the ftechmail as a ROOT user.
I realise that fetchmail will write to the "RCPT To:" field to the ROOT
if
the smtpname is not specified.
This causes all mails to be received by the ROOT. Can someone help me?
1) How to distribute the mails to the relevent member of my family?

Try "man fetchmail" - always a good starting point...

I have read that already, but no direct solution.
another question that I have is, i came across a article saying creating a
dot-qmail file in the /var/qmail/alias/ folder with the content of:
| ../bin/qmail-inject -a -f"$SENDER" "${LOCAL#mbox-userstr-}(_at_)HOST"

it stated also that this require a modern /bin/sh.

can anyone tell me what does it means by "require a modern /bin/sh"?

Rob