Re: how to configure fetchmail to multidrop mail into individual mailbox?

2001-02-06 01:53:38
From: "Clarence" <clarencelim(_at_)email(_dot_)com>
Thanks Rob,

 It works after your guidance! thanks again.
I have another questions for u, I have specfied the fetchmail to run in
daemon mode in 30mins interval.
1)Is there any way to configure it to run at 30 mins during weedday and 1 hr
during weekend?

Set up a cron job so that on Monday at, say, 0130 it kills fetchmail and restarts it with a 30 minute interval. Set up another cron job late Friday night to do the same but with a one hour interval.

2)if I reboot the Linux system and does not log on, will fetchmail run in
the background?

Set it up as a daemon started from your systems startup scripts (/etc/rc.local or /etc/rc.d/init.d/fetchmail with a symlink from /etc/rc.d/rc[35].d/S90fetchmail (replace [35] with whatever your default run level is, 3 or 5).

Rob