Re: email forwarding

2001-02-06 01:37:02
My problem is
1. I'm using Redhat 7.0 + imap2000-3 as my email server which uses a lot of
time to login the pop3, and each empty account needs about 30 sec to fetch.
2. I have more than 10 account to fetch, so it totally takes up more than 15
minutes evenif all the mail boxes are empty.

==
====
Best Regards
Jason Kwok
==============
====

----- Original Message -----
From: Rob MacGregor <rob_macgregor(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
To: <jason(_at_)local(_dot_)newhonest(_dot_)com>;
<Fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: email forwarding

From: "Jason Kwok" <jason(_at_)local(_dot_)newhonest(_dot_)com>
Rob,

    If I want to use the "SMTP all the way"as you said, do you have any
suggesion, or any reading suggested for me?

Where to begin...?  You're looking at something like sendmail
(www.sendmail.org) or some other SMTP MTA (Mail Transfer Agent) configured
to handle email for your domain.

Probably you want the outer mail server to be the one the world sees and
then have it pass the email to your inner server upon receipt.

I'm afraid that whatever you do is non-trivial.  You need to have a fair
understanding of your firewall/NAT box and the email package(s) you
choose.

Rob