Re: email forwarding

2001-02-06 00:11:35
Rob,

    If I want to use the "SMTP all the way"as you said, do you have any
suggesion, or any reading suggested for me?

==
====
Best Regards
Jason Kwok
==============
====
----- Original Message -----
From: Rob MacGregor <rob_macgregor(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
To: <jason(_at_)local(_dot_)newhonest(_dot_)com>;
<Fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 2:53 PM
Subject: Re: email forwarding

From: "Jason Kwok" Dear all,

I'm new to fetchmail. We have 2 mail servers, one hosting outside with
legal IP and domain name, the other one is in our office using vitual IP
(192.168.1.100) and a gateway (something like IP share) of dynamic IP.
I'm
the root of both servers.

I want to retrieve mails by local server from outside server as fast as
possible. Is fetchmail the correct package I need?

If you want the fastest possible receipt of email you need something like
SMTP all the way.  However you could set fetchmail up with a 1 second
delay,
continually polling the external mail server.

I'd hate to think of the overhead this would induce though...

Rob