Re: how to configure fetchmail to multidrop mail into individual mailbox?

2001-02-06 02:52:09
----- Original Message -----
From: Rob MacGregor <rob_macgregor(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
To: <clarencelim(_at_)email(_dot_)com>;
<fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: how to configure fetchmail to multidrop mail into individual
mailbox?

From: "Clarence" <clarencelim(_at_)email(_dot_)com>
Thanks Rob,

 It works after your guidance! thanks again.
I have another questions for u, I have specfied the fetchmail to run in
daemon mode in 30mins interval.
1)Is there any way to configure it to run at 30 mins during weedday and 1
hr
during weekend?

Set up a cron job so that on Monday at, say, 0130 it kills fetchmail and
restarts it with a 30 minute interval.  Set up another cron job late
Friday
night to do the same but with a one hour interval.

2)if I reboot the Linux system and does not log on, will fetchmail run in
the background?

Set it up as a daemon started from your systems startup scripts
(/etc/rc.local or /etc/rc.d/init.d/fetchmail with a symlink from
/etc/rc.d/rc[35].d/S90fetchmail (replace [35] with whatever your default
run
level is, 3 or 5).

i am using run level 3, i have setup the symbolic link, what is the "S90" in
the link filename S90fetchmail means? I notice that I have S80qmail too.

when I reboot my redhat, i was prompt for password for root(_at_)start which I
was never encounter before.
after giving the password, a few error shown by S90fetchmail. Have I done
the correct thing?

Next I log in as ROOT and I use "ps -A |more", I didn't see any process by
fetchmail, why?

Rob