Re: [fetchmail]The 5.7.1 release of fetchmail is available

2001-03-04 15:09:26
Alejandro Forero Cuervo <bachue(_at_)bachue(_dot_)com>:
    By popular demand, diffs from the previous release have been
    omitted.

You keep saying this on every release, yet the popular demand is
obviously that diffs are made available on the web site (as can be
seen in the thread started by
<20001126154834(_dot_)A1735(_at_)azul(_dot_)dhis(_dot_)org>).
No body is demanding what you call popular demand.  What's so hard to
understand in that?  Are you still investigating that?

When I say "omitted", I mean omitted from the announcement mail.

Nobody is complaining about my including patches now because I'm not
doing it!  But they have, they have -- I've tried including patches
before, and find that I get much louder complaints about bulking up
peoples' mail.

As for making them available on the website, that's a different question.
Maybe, if I can figure out a way to do it that doesn't involve handhacking
the diff list on each release.
--

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens
of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.