Re: [fetchmail]Fetchmail kerberosV build broken

2001-04-10 05:14:19
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh(_at_)debian(_dot_)org>:
Hello Eric, other fetchmail developers,

pop3.c tries to compile in a call to do_rfc1731 if either KERBEROS_V4 or
KERBEROS_V5 is defined. However, do_rfc1731 (kerberos.c) is only compiled in
if KERBEROS_V4 is defined, and --with-kerberos5 does not always define
KERBEROS_V4.

I don't have any experience with kerberos, otherwise I'd have fixed this
myself. Should kerberos5 attempt the rfc1731 auth just like kerberos4, or
should it try only the GSSAPI auth? In the later case, should a build with
kerberos5 without GSSAPI be forbiden in configure.in ?

Nalin Dahyabai has sent me a Kerberos patch that appears to address this.
I'm evaluating it now.
--

No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people.  The possession
of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave.