Re: [fetchmail]define _ (underscore conflict between gettext and des (SSL?)

2001-08-07 23:11:06
Troy <tjk(_at_)tksoft(_dot_)com>:
I know _ is a popular alias for gettext(), but since there is
a conflict, will the code be changed to use some other alias,
or is there another solution? There are approx. 635 instances in
the current source, so even with search and replace it would take
a while to make sure they all get done right.

I'm afraid not.  The interface to the gettext stuff is so brittle that
I'm terrified of disturbing it.  Most of my troubles with the code in
the releases since 5.8.0 have been due to gettext brain-death.
--

'Faith' means not _wanting_ to know what is true.
        -- Nietzsche, Der Antichrist