Re: [fetchmail]FeatureRequest: log if fetchmail run is done

2001-08-30 04:18:00
Thomas Guettler <guettli(_at_)thomas-guettler(_dot_)de> writes:

Here is a feature request:

It would be good, if fetchmail would log if one fetchmail run is
done. Background: I am writing a script which goes offline as soon as
all mail was sent an recieved. Up to now I have a not existing pop
server in the last line of fetchmailrc. So I know when fetchmail has
recieved all mail, but that's not nice.

If some one is interessted, it is at
http://www.thomas-guettler.de/scripts (pon4mail.sh). But it is Debian
specific.

Please CC to me, I am not on this list.

Thomas,

Could you explain it better? I think didn't get it (maybe because I'm
not a native speaker...).

You're trying to know when fetchmail has finished it's work? Is it?
With fetchmail + postfix I can just look at /var/log/maillog and look
after

Aug 30 08:21:08 dagon postfix/smtpd[4087]: disconnect from
localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]

to know when something was delivered and the connection closed. YMMV,
but I think this is highly dependent on how your MTA handles
connections. I'd try looking for similar stuff from your MTA.

--
Godoy. <godoy(_at_)conectiva(_dot_)com>

Solutions Developer       - Conectiva Inc. - http://en.conectiva.com
Desenvolvedor de Soluções - Conectiva S.A. - http://www.conectiva.com.br