Re: [fetchmail]how can I delete fetchmail

2001-09-09 11:41:13
I built FetchMail from source 5.9.0, without any special options
chosen, I
use slackware8.0 linux, with XDM as default run level 4 action,
when I
finish installation of fetchmail, I tested it and everything is
ok, but when
I restart my linux machine, at the point that XDM command is
called, it
hang, I can not get the login window. if I choose gnome's GDM as
display
manager, it work..... ! thanks Rob.

Henry.

 From: "Rob MacGregor" <rob_macgregor(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
 To: ningmeifengye(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com,
 fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org
 Subject: Re: [fetchmail]how can I delete fetchmail
 Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 11:16:56 +0000

 >From: "Henry Liang" <ningmeifengye(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
 >
 >hi, folks:
 >I use kernel 2.4.7 and xfree86 4.1.0, when I install
 fetchmail my xdm
 hang,
 >BTW: I use dial-up connection to the internet. could any body
 tell me how
 >can I fix it or just remove fetchmail from my system ?

 I doubt this is caused by fetchmail - there is zero overlap
 between XDM and
 fetchmail...

 If you want some help, provide some further informtaion, like
 what version
 of fetchmail, are you building it from source (if so what
 options are you
 using) or are you installing it from an RPM (if so what RPM).
 Exactly what
 do you mean by "xdm hangs"...

 --
 Rob