Re: [fetchmail]Encrypting Password

2002-03-04 07:35:33
Michel Eyckmans (MCE) wrote/napisał[a]/schrieb:
But as I understand it, you don't trust your root's, correct?  Well,

I haven't said that. I have implied that people in general might not
trust their root, and have said that, independenty of whether I do,
my password selection "algorithm" is private information that should
be "for my eyes only".

If you don't trust your root you are screwed in 42 ways anyway. It won't
even help that you don't write password into rc file making fetchmail asking
for it at start - the root may get it anyway (key logging for example).

Alex
--
C _-=-_ H| Janusz A. Urbanowicz | ALEX3-RIPE | SF-F Framling |         |   *