[fetchmail]Selective deletion of email from remote server?

2002-05-04 20:24:42
I'm a satisfied user of fetchmail, and I'm currently using
release 5.9.11+NLS under RedHat Linux 7.2.

Is there any way for fetchmail to selectively delete email from
the remote server?  I'd like to be able to specify criteria for
deciding whether a remote message should be kept or deleted.
For example, I'd like to specify that messages that are older
than a certain age get deleted, otherwise kept (where "age" is
calculated based on how long it's been since fetchmail first
saw the message). Another possible criterion might be that only
the N newest messages are kept, and the rest are deleted.

I don't see any options or configuration directives that control
this, but I'm wondering if anyone has come up with any tricks
or hacks that would allow me to make use of this kind of selective
deletion.

Thank you kindly, in advance.

--
 Fetchmail User