[fetchmail] Script

2002-12-17 22:34:53
The fetchmail FAQ states the following:

G5. I want to make fetchmail behave like Outlook Express.

The second-most-requested feature for fetchmail, after content-based
filtering, is the ability to have it remove messages from a maildrop after N
days, typically to be used with the keep option as a sort of poor man's
newsgroup facility. Microsoft's Outlook Express supports this.

This feature won't be added either. Repeat after me: fetchmail's job is
transport, not policy. If you want this, write a Perl or Python script, to
be run from a cron job, that deletes old messages off your maildrop. Send it
to me and I'll put it in the contrib directory.

Does anyone know of a script that is available that will do this?  I have
searched all over, and have not been able to locate one.

With kind regards,

Peter, hierodeacon

----
Dormition Skete
A Monastery of the Russian Orthodox Autonomous Church
http://www.BuenaVistaCO.com/GOC
http://www.ROACAmerica.org
----