[fetchmail] automake?

2002-12-21 14:00:02
Eric,

I have a private copy of fetchmail 6.2.0 here that uses automake and is
gettextized with a current version of GNU gettext, in the hope to
address the build issues that are reported again and again, and to give
users the standard ./configure targets. Would you want to have a look?

Makefile.am is 260 words (less than 2 kB) whereas the current
Makefile.in is 1336 words (around 12 kB).

If so, do you want a patch or a tarball?

I also have patches that accelerate the treatment of big ~/.fetchids
files, reducing the complexity for reading the file from O(n^2) to O(n)
with just an additional pointer to the list's end, without changing any
of the UID semantics.

The UID search itself is accelerated by changing the code from recursive
function calls to for(...), but it's still O(n) complexity for a single
look-up.

Cheers,