[fetchmail] Re: bouncing on empty return-path

2003-01-10 06:50:13
Quoting from Matthias Andree's mail on Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 12:57:31PM +0100:
I'd rather think that the "mta" option could either be a command (if it
starts with /, such as /usr/sbin/sendmail -f %F %T) or it could be a
protocol token such as SMTP or SMTP:next_hop or SMTP:next_hop,port (I
suggest the comma to separate the port to avoid clashes with IPv6
address notation that uses a colon.)

This seems ok.

The 'smtphost' option already uses / to separate host from port. Can
that be reused here?

"file" should be "RAM" for mails below a configurable limit (say 64 k
which is 27% of fetchmail's in-core size on my machine). There's no
point in saving temporary files of like 3 kByte, some file systems,
notably traditional ffs or logging ufs, are way too slow. mfs or tmpfs
or ramdisks would be ok though.

Not all protocols tell you the size beforehand. I think, it will be
simpler if it is written to a (configurable) disk file for now. The
optimisation can be done later. In fact, the user may be able to
optimise by specifying a ramdisk file as that disk file.

--
Sunil Shetye.