[fetchmail] Re: bouncing on empty return-path

2003-01-13 00:40:05
Quoting from Matthias Andree's mail on Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 05:13:59PM +0100:
The 'smtphost' option already uses / to separate host from port. Can
that be reused here?

Euhm, sure, and we should use the smtphost as well (I forgot that this
option is already there.)

Currently, fetchmail uses localhost and not smtphost while bouncing
when using smtp. Is this by design?

Not all protocols tell you the size beforehand. I think, it will be
simpler if it is written to a (configurable) disk file for now. The
optimisation can be done later. In fact, the user may be able to
optimise by specifying a ramdisk file as that disk file.

True. BSDs will go for mfs, Linux and Solaris for tmpfs and thereabouts.

Also, if there is only one recipient, there is no need to save to a
file. Just ship it directly instead!

--
Sunil Shetye.