Re: [fetchmail] socket error

2003-03-28 02:32:35
Hello, i had the same problem. I cant resolve it. The -only- way to
resolve is to change the pop3 server to be fetched. for example, mail
fetched from my older ISP, crashed my fetchmail with the same error
that your fetchmail. I try -THE SAME CONFIG- but change the pop3 server
in fetchmailrc file, and never shows me this error.....
Try to use another pop3 server or contact with your pop3 isp admins....

----- Mensaje Original -----
De: Arndt Faulhaber <arndt(_dot_)faulhaber(_at_)diagnosdata(_dot_)com>
Fecha: Viernes, Marzo 28, 2003 9:38 am
Asunto: Re: [fetchmail] socket error

Hi all,

On Friday 28. March 2003 05:58, Jiann-Ming Su wrote:
I'm using fetchmail 5.9.0 on a Redhat 7.2 system.  It's been working
great, but suddenly today I started getting socket errors:

fetchmail: 5.9.0 querying mail.someisp.net (protocol POP3) at
Thu 27 Mar
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
fetchmail: 5.9.0 querying mail.someisp.net (protocol POP3) at
Thu 27 Mar
I got the same thing also the single dot on an otherwise empty
line doesn't
apply for me, too. As far as I have seen, this was always combined
with
bouncing messages, that have not been accepted by the destination
mailserver
(when delivering mail from a multidrop mbox to an internal SMTP
server).Upgrading to 6.2.2 didn't help either.

I've read R6 of the faq, but that doesn't seem to apply because
I was able
to pop all the mail with Outlook Express.  Why would fetchmail
suddenly> stop working?
Couldn't find anything that really applied in FAQ or Mailarchives
or google
either... would be great, if somebody could help - I might even be
able to
post an example mail to the list if that would help.

Cheers, and thanks for any ideas,
Arndt

--
Arndt Faulhaber
mailto:arndt(_dot_)faulhaber(_at_)diagnosdata(_dot_)com