[fetchmail] socket error

2003-03-27 21:58:44
I'm using fetchmail 5.9.0 on a Redhat 7.2 system.  It's been working
great, but suddenly today I started getting socket errors:

fetchmail: 5.9.0 querying mail.someisp.net (protocol POP3) at Thu 27 Mar 2003
11:12:50 PM EST
fetchmail: 4 messages for user1 at mail.someisp.net (14146 octets).
fetchmail: reading message 1 of 4 (4323 octets) fetchmail:  flushed
fetchmail: socket error while fetching from mail.someisp.net
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
fetchmail: 5.9.0 querying mail.someisp.net (protocol POP3) at Thu 27 Mar 2003
11:20:34 PM EST

I've read R6 of the faq, but that doesn't seem to apply because I was able
to pop all the mail with Outlook Express.  Why would fetchmail suddenly
stop working?