Re: [fetchmail] cannot get mail via fetchmail

2003-05-27 22:57:49
On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 04:46:41PM +0000, Rob MacGregor wrote:
From: Sam Rosenfeld <sam(_at_)wdn(_dot_)com>

My most recent entries in /var/log/mail.err file tell me: "Connection to
mail.wdn.com failed:  temporary name server error."

I checked Google and found many people asking about that error message,
but no
response seemed to be directly applicable to me.

Well, it tells you that there's a DNS problem, which tells you where to
start.

On that box try "host -t any mail.wdn.com".  Try also doing a "fetchmail
--nosyslog -v -v -c" and see what happens.

"host..." yields 216.250.230.62.

"fetchmail --nosyslog..." yields a blank screen.

sam